g3nn's Scrutiny

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Road Not Taken


2 months. To be exact more than 2 months researching in detail, then created a dilemma that I myself fall in, and took 2 months, to make up my mind upon a decision that I myself is unsure of its outcome, and the worthiness.


2 weeks. The next 2 weeks was evidently utilized to carry out preparations. First the resignation letter to be tendered on 1st so I could leave so much earlier than I thought by taking advantage of February’s CNY holidays and lesser day month plus the offset of my leaves. Selecting which university offer to accept was quite a task for my kind of indecisive person. But let me make a point ok. My self-defensiveness is telling you that the hesitant was about a thorough thought over the some very common and genuine facts like fees (yes $$$ first), school’s reputation, modules, location, surroundings, environment… so much more to be taken into account. Being a prudent self-support (partial parents-support) student, every single cent count and has to be challenged to make the best out of them.


Preparations are being done as tightly and cautious as I could: total of 60 correspondence email to AusEd upon preparing myself to the country, 36 correspondence email to Hawthorn House staff upon assuring my place of stay, about 10 emails to a broad range of airlines and travel agents, and not to mention countless phone calls local and overseas (as I’m in Singapore.), printouts, and of course more meticulous thinking...

~~~

Up to this very day, school fees paid, accommodation deposit paid, air-ticket booked, medical examination done and visa's on its way, and there's no turning back!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

... ... ...

I apologize if you were not involved in the consideration and decision-making. I seek your forgiveness if you are not as supportive as I urge you to be. Please be assured that I have never left you out in my plans ahead. This is just another stake to better move on. Thank you for the blessings...


4 Comments:

  • Dear friend, all the best!
    I can feel that this is not an easy choice to be made.
    Anyway, you made it happens.

    By Blogger YSwong, At Tue Feb 06, 11:05:00 PM  

  • eh so u are going back studying?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Feb 14, 11:36:00 AM  

  • You are right, ku. After the FTMS life... How ironic huh!

    By Blogger g3nn, At Fri Feb 16, 03:55:00 AM  

  • eh studying is a never ending journey ... at least u have the feeling to go pick up the books and go on ...

    u ask me to pick up books, i only pick up books so can throw it at someone ...

    very well ... i believe u are there already as from what i have seen in ur msn status ...

    so have fun! and yeah a belated Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Mar 03, 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home